Must be attending university full-time in the US. All areas of study are considered, including:
- International Relations
- Liberal Arts
- Polish Studies
- Public Relations
- Graduate students in business programs whose thesis is directly related to Poland
- Graduate students in all majors whose thesis is on a Polish subject
Scholarships are awarded on a merit basis to full time undergraduates or graduates who are American citizens or permanent residents, preferably of Polish heritage
- Completed application
- Original school transcript(s) sent directly from the school (US only)
- Detailed resume or CV
- An essay “Why I Should Receive the Scholarship” (200 – 400 words)
- An original article written by the applicant on any subject about Poland (up to 700 words)
- Three original recommendation letters from teachers or others who are familiar with the academic background and the applicant’s plans for the future. We are suspending the requirement of original and mailed recommendation letters until further notice due to the pandemic. However, emailed letters must be from your recommender’s business email address and must include contact information, signature, and letter date – within the last 2 years.
- $10.00 check or money order made out the American Institute of Polish Culture as a non – refundable processing fee. You can also pay it online: CLICK HERE
Please be advised that Scholarship award checks are sent from our accountants’ offices (from a different city than AIPC) directly to the university student financial office. This process can take up to a month or more. AIPC notifies the student when the verification from the university arrives. If the student does not hear from us in a month after their request to the university, they must contact our office; we do not contact them as it is their responsibility to ensure the verification letter is sent.
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
– NO EXCEPTIONS PLEASE
Please note that you may apply yearly if you are still in school; however, we can only award a student once.